Online Family Mediation
EMG Solicitors are happy to offer Family Mediation services both in person and online.
One of the first in the North of England to offer Family Mediation virtually, our online mediation service is conducted securely using Zoom with our accredited family mediator in full control of the virtual sessions.
Initial Mediation sessions are required for the following:
- All married couples who are divorcing and have a financial case, one of them must go through an initial MIAM before progressing to court
- All couples whether married or not who have a children case, one of them must go through an initial MIAM before progressing to court
- Unmarried couples do not need to go through an initial MIAM before progressing to court but many find it helpful to do so
The Initial meeting (MIAM) will usually be held online with the mediation sessions either face to face or online.
What are the benefits of Online Mediation?
- Can be done from anywhere
- Does not require anyone to travel
- Quick & easy to set up
- Avoids unnecessary confrontation (as parties are not required to be physically located in the same place)
Our Virtual Mediation sessions are very user friendly (even if you struggle with technology!) You will be sent a joining link and all you have to do is click it to join the session at the appropriate time. From there, our accredited family mediator will run the session, addressing all parties in one room or placing you in separate breakout rooms and moving back and forth between both parties. Zoom allows the mediator useful controls such as muting parties to progress the meeting, sharing screens & documents. The sessions are secure and are not recorded.
Zoom can be used on a number of devices including; laptops, computers, tablets and smart phones. Although laptops are preferred as most have inbuilt cameras.