Job Role at EMG
I am a director in the firm and joined EMG Solicitors in February 2018 as an Associate to head up the Commercial Property Department. In my role, I act for a wide range of clients including companies, individuals, partnerships, pension funds, charities and lenders, advising on their commercial property needs.
My main areas of expertise are:
- Commercial property acquisitions and disposals for individuals, companies, pension funds and property developers, including dealing with any lending aspects of these transactions
- Acting for commercial landlords – advising on the grant of new leases, licences and consents
- Advising commercial tenants – advising on their new leases, the purchase of existing leases and how to bring their current leases to an end
- Assisting new business start-ups and SME’s – providing advice on how best to take on their first commercial premises
- Care home matters – advising care home operators in the acquisition, sale, leasing and refinancing of their homes
- Property insolvency matters – acting for administrators, liquidators and companies on both sides of the transaction
Since moving to the North East nearly 15 years ago I have worked at both large and medium sized commercial firms in Durham and Newcastle providing advice on a wide range of commercial property transactions. I work closely with clients and their advisors across both of our offices (including accountants, surveyors, lenders or financial advisors) to ensure that the team around them work efficiently and effectively together. I am a firm believer in the importance of understanding the client’s business and will always take the time to get to know them, their business and their team of advisors. What my experience brings is that I really do care about the success of my clients no matter who they are or what their business is.
What do you like about working at EMG?
EMG has a very open culture, every door is always open and there in no one within the firm who you could not approach if you needed any help.
Outside of EMG?
You will normally find me with the family going between the various classes that my daughter attends. When not a personal taxi service I enjoy baking, reading and ballet – anything which gives me a minute or two of peace!
Gwen qualified in April 2011.