Conveyancing Solicitor – Penrith
|Department & Team||Residential Conveyancing|
|Reports to||Director, Head of Residential Conveyancing|
Introduction to EMG Solicitors
EMG Solicitors is an award winning Legal 500 Boutique law firm located across the North. We provide a range of legal advice to both private individuals and businesses across the region and nationally. We provide legal support that our clients require in order to achieve anything from their basic needs to their wildest dreams and everything in between. We specialize in Court of Protection, Deputyships, Family Law, Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Property, Litigation & Disputes and Wills, Trusts & Probate Services.
EMG Solicitors Vision & Mission
EMG Solicitors Vision Statement
Supporting Clients. Protecting Assets. Changing Lives
EMG Solicitors Mission Statement
Providing the legal support our clients require to achieve anything from their basic needs to their wildest dreams and everything in between.
At EMG we believe in equality. Our passion is not only in providing exemplary legal services but also in making a meaningful contribution to our community and the charitable causes we support.
We pride ourselves on delivering excellence and we have a culture of honesty and transparency in how we work, both with each other and with our clients.
We are ambitious, we think big and are pro-active in how we support our clients and each other, but as importantly as all of this we value having fun and being happy.
EMG Solicitors Values
- Cooperation – we pro-actively support our clients and each other
- Excellence – we deliver excellence
- Integrity – we are open and transparent
- Courage – we are ambitious and think big
- Kindness – we value people, communities, having fun and being happy
Overall Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to proactively manage a caseload of residential conveyancing matters, including both freehold, leasehold, unregistered and new build properties. The role involves actively supporting the team leader, deputizing in their absence and supporting them in team management responsibilities including 1 to 1 monthly meetings and compliance across the team. The individual will also be required to give business development input in securing work from local agents and high net worth clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key fee earner tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients with all due diligence, in particular ensuring excellence in respect of:
- Technical advice
- Client service
- User-friendly language
- Management of support services for oneself
- Participation in business development and marketing activities whether on a firmwide, departmental and/or office basis
- Triaging initial client approaches;
- Running own files independently including residential possession; debt; small claims court contract disputes.
- Assisting with EMG own debt recovery e.g. attending hearings if required.
- Take monies on account of fees and disbursements when possible and appropriate
- Collect cash promptly from clients in settlement of bills
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
A Residential Conveyancer with 4+ years’ experience
Will have experience of dealing with complex title transactions
Fully qualified solicitor
3 years + PQE
|Experience||Experience and qualified solicitor, licensed conveyancer or legal executive.|
|Skills and Knowledge||
Takes on personal responsibility to learn on the job and keep knowledge in all relevant areas up to date.
Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal skills, training and strong communication skills.
Communicates in a clear, confident and relaxed manner.
Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with colleagues and clients.
Works to understand the team’s key roles and the challenges they may face.
Able to work individually and as a team.
Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Ability to use own initiative, be proactive, work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Able to independently judge potential situations, identify and take alternative courses of action without outing the client or business at risk.
Excellent problem solving and research skills
Displays honesty and integrity.
Proactive and self-motivated.
Can do attitude.
Flexible and adaptive in particular during busier periods.
Desire for continuous personal and professional development
In addition to your salary the added benefits for this position are:
- Bonus scheme
- Employer contribution to pension at 4%
- 25 days holiday entitlement per year with an additional 3 days non-contractual leave for Christmas
- Free annual flu injection
- EMG Rewards – employee discount platform
- Employee Assist – access to personal, legal and financial issues, support and counselling and GP helpline.
- £50 gift card on your birthday with along with a late start or early finish
- £50 gift at Christmas
- Beamish Museum Family Passes
- 5 extra days paid leave on your 5 year anniversary
- Death in service benefit of 3 x salary